Whole Education...Whole Teachers.
Course Information:PDSI 9920 ""Increasing Whole Educator Potential to Develop Whole Students (Equity, Mindset, Grit, Body and Character)!"
*Each year has a new title and subject matter.
Dates and Times
End Date: Friday, June 30, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm daily (4:00 - 6:00 Wellness)
Chehalis Middle School
1060 SW 20th St.
Chehalis, WA 98535
- Recognize and respect cultural patterns and expectations that operate within a school and community setting.
- Affirm the dignity and worth of all students, families, teachers, and staff and provide positive support that we all need to be successful and effective.
- Interact thoughtfully and courteously with students and their families, other educators, and community and resolve conflicts in a professional manner, respecting and understanding the cultural context of the situation.
- Continue to learn and use multicultural resources in our schools and communities, remain sensitive to individual differences and diverse cultures, and encourage participation of others different from ourselves.
Freeze Body, ABOVE (Pause) Whisper, Raise Your Hand vs. Speak Out, Exit Directons, Most Important Twenty Seconds, OFF/Neutral/ON and Influence Approach.
- describe non-verbal communication skills which positively influence the teacher-student relationship.
- list the Seven Gems and how they can improve leaning in the classroom.
- Set goals and reach for them.
- Explain the importance of pushing through your obstacles.
- Recognize when a student or staff member feels excluded and help them feel apart of the school’s community.
- Describe how to engage staff and students in transforming your organizational culture.
- List practices and rituals that directly impact culture and success
- Answer the question, “Why are Kindergarteners so unafraid to speak up?”
- Describe the conversational dynamics that characterize your classroom.
Café Style PLC's
What People are Saying
"Scott Ricardo’s Summer Institutes, the perfect answer to re-energizing your teaching and turbo charge relationships with students and peers… it’s what SI does best and it’s true to their organization’s values. It’s just part of the SI DNA!
In my 25 years of evaluating SI conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes...quality content...meaningful content. It's what we as professionals crave!"
2014 National President AESA Superintendents/CEO's
Special FeaturesEverything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more!
- Relevant State Standards-Based Presentations
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Field-based Learning Day Trips
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
Check with your school district and local union for salary advancement or professional growth contract agreement. These credits do not apply towards a graduate-level degree unless okayed by your Academic Advisor. They are continuing education credits and can be used for salary advancement. Some Universities like Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Olivet College and Portland State have accepted our course as a Masters degree elective. Be sure to consult your advisor ahead of time.
Clock hours: 50 clock hours through North Central ESD. Clock hour participants need to register with Summer Institutes’ and pay workshop fee only. NCESD $2 per clock hour fee is paid on-line, through NCESD’s website, AFTER the class is completed. After the last day of class, the SI site coordinators will go into the NCESD system and document total clock hours attended. Once marked, attended participants will get an automatic email from the NCESD system. After the NCESD notification, participants will have seven days to fill out the evaluation and purchase their clock hours on-line. After seven days, NCESD might not award clock hours. Please check with NCESD for further information. On-line registration @ www.ncesd.org
What to Bring
Casual attire, comfortable walking shoes AND a good attitude for learning, improving your wellness and building relationships! We’ll provide everything else!
Staff development funds may be used for these classes (check with your school district). Also, Treasury Regulation Schedule I-162 permits income tax deduction.
To order a transcript go to: http://www.pacific.edu/Academics/Professional-and-Continuing-Education/Registration/Request-a-transcript.html
Need your transcript right away?
Go to: http://web.pacific.edu/x7062.xml choose the National Student Clearinghouse option.
There will be a $100 non refundable deposit and no refunds after June 1.