Whole Education...Whole Teachers.
Course Information:PDSI 9920 "Increasing Whole Educator Potential to Develop Whole Students (Equity, Mindset, Grit, Body & Character)!"
*Each year has a new title and subject matter.
Dates and Times
End Date: Friday, June 9, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm daily (4:00 - 6:00 Wellness)
819 Sunset Ave.
2017 Course Syllabus
2016 University of Pacific Evaluations
2017 Featured Speakers
Internationally recognized educator, writer and storyteller
- Recognize and respect cultural patterns and expectations that operate within a school and community setting.
- Affirm the dignity and worth of all students, families, teachers, and staff and provide positive support that we all need to be successful and effective.
- Interact thoughtfully and courteously with students and their families, other educators, and community and resolve conflicts in a professional manner, respecting and understanding the cultural context of the situation.
- Continue to learn and use multicultural resources in our schools and communities, remain sensitive to individual differences and diverse cultures, and encourage participation of others different from ourselves.
- Dynamics of cultural viewpoints
- Design instruction that tap into a variety of student strengths and styles.
- Meet incredible diverse learning needs.
- Understand that their role is far more than ‘simply teaching’
- Empower and enhance the change needed to cultivate teacher and student success.
A seasoned change management and communication consultant, Colleen has 23 years of experience helping institutions of higher education and Fortune 500 companies overcome complex challenges. For over a decade she studied the psychology of attitudes and behavior change. With an advanced degree in social influence, her work has helped institutions and companies successfully navigate difficult organizational transformation by implementing change management, communication, and education plans that drive results and lead to sustained change.
- Identify the nature of a conflict.
- Understand the true power dynamics at play in conflict
- Enact the best tactical approach for achieving your goals.
- Hold difficult conversations calmly and assertively.
- Effectively manage conflict.
- make progress to increase graduation rates
- Learn about programs being implemented which are having a positive impact.
Planning for your retirement. No matter how much you love what you do, you probably dont want to do it until you drop. I help teachers understand what they have with their current retirement plans (generally PERS) and how that can be the keystone in their retirement plan. Science tells us that financial security and reduced mental stress increases educator performance.
Understanding your current retirement plans from current and former employers is the first step to that day when you can retire on your own terms. I show people in a fun and involved way, what they can count on and what can do to fill in the gaps. Financial lessons plans available for classroom situations.
- To visualize your successful retirement
- put together a plan to help you achieve your dreams
- use financial planning formulas and concepts in your classroom
Café Style PLC's
What People are Saying
I applaud Summer Institutes’ vision for providing quality staff development that nurtures the unique talents of each individual teacher.
Stanislaus County Office of Education, California
Special FeaturesEverything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more!
- Relevant State Standards-Based Presentations
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Field-based Learning Day Trips
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
Check with your school district and local union for salary advancement or professional growth contract agreement. These credits do not apply towards a graduate-level degree unless okayed by your Academic Advisor. They are continuing education credits and can be used for salary advancement. Some Universities like Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Olivet College and Portland State have accepted our course as a Masters degree elective. Be sure to consult your advisor ahead of time.
PLC Grade/Subject & Mixed Level Breakout SessionsDailey Professional Learning Community (PLC) sessions: Math, science, reading and writing subject specific groups we be organized to address today’s standards.
What to Bring
Staff development funds may be used for these classes (check with your school district). Also, Treasury Regulation Schedule I-162 permits income tax deduction.
To order a transcript go to: http://www.pacific.edu/Academics/Professional-and-Continuing-Education/Registration/Request-a-transcript.html
Need your transcript right away?
Go to: http://web.pacific.edu/x7062.xml choose the National Student Clearinghouse option.
There will be a $100 non refundable deposit and no refunds after June 1.