Whole Education...Whole Teachers.
Course Information:PDSI 9924 "Educating With Technology & Innovative Strategies!"
*Each year has a new title and subject matter.
Dates and Times
End Date: Friday, July 21, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm daily (4:00 - 6:00 Wellness)
Ridgeview High School
4555 SW Elkhorn Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
- describe current research, principles and practices that are essential to the success or failure of every child.
- instill HOPE within every child they encounter.
- Set goals and reach for them.
- Explain the importance of pushing through your obstacles.
- Recognize when a student or staff member feels excluded and help them feel apart of the school’s community.
This training is designed to help teachers, staff and school leaders to identify and build the necessary skills and capabilities to work successfully with the challenges and opportunities presented by the increasing diversity and multicultural dynamics of our schools and communities. Consistent with research and practice educators recognize the critical importance of the teacher-student interactions and relationship. This session centers the student in the educational process. Intellectual content and experiential learning provides key learning for teachers to gain effective knowledge and skills to enhance educational outcomes for all children.
- Recognize and respect cultural patterns and expectations that operate within a school and community setting.
- Affirm the dignity and worth of all students, families, teachers, and staff and provide positive support that we all need to be successful and effective.
- Interact thoughtfully and courteously with students and their families, other educators, and community and resolve conflicts in a professional manner, respecting and understanding the cultural context of the situation.
- Continue to learn and use multicultural resources in our schools and communities, remain sensitive to individual differences and diverse cultures, and encourage participation of others different from ourselves.
Café Style PLC's
What People are Saying
"Scott Ricardo’s Summer Institutes, the perfect answer to re-energizing your teaching and turbo charge relationships with students and peers… it’s what SI does best and it’s true to their organization’s values. It’s just part of the SI DNA!
In my 25 years of evaluating SI conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes...quality content...meaningful content. It's what we as professionals crave! “
2014 National President AESA Superintendents/CEO's
Special FeaturesEverything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more!
- Relevant State Standards-Based Presentations
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Field-based Learning Day Trips
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
Check with your school district and local union for salary advancement or professional growth contract agreement. These credits do not apply towards a graduate-level degree unless okayed by your Academic Advisor. They are continuing education credits and can be used for salary advancement. Some Universities like Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Olivet College and Portland State have accepted our course as a Masters degree elective. Be sure to consult your advisor ahead of time.
Transcripts: Order an official transcript online after the unofficial transcript is received.
Three credit class is a five-day week. Four credit option requires one extra day, daily summaries & reflection paper.
What to Bring
Casual attire, comfortable walking shoes AND a good attitude for learning, improving your wellness and building relationships! We’ll provide everything else!
Staff development funds may be used for these classes (check with your school district). Also, Treasury Regulation Schedule I-162 permits income tax deduction.
To order a transcript go to: http://www.pacific.edu/Academics/Professional-and-Continuing-Education/Registration/Request-a-transcript.html
Need your transcript right away?
Go to: http://web.pacific.edu/x7062.xml choose the National Student Clearinghouse option.
There will be a $100 non refundable deposit and no refunds after June 1.