Whole Education...Whole Teachers.
Course Information:PDSI 9922 "Prepared, Positive and Personable; Educate to Inspire"
*Each year has a new title and subject matter.
Dates and Times
End Date: Friday, June 30, 2017
4 credit particpants attend a sixth PBE day July 1, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm daily (4:00 - 6:00 Wellness)
Roseburg High School
400 West Harvard Ave.
Roseburg, OR 97470
- Dynamics of cultural viewpoints
- Design instruction that tap into a variety of student strengths and styles.
- Meet incredible diverse learning needs.
- Understand that their role is far more than ‘simply teaching’
- Empower and enhance the change needed to cultivate teacher and student success.
- learn how to develop thinking skills
- know what kinds of mental activity we are encouraging in our students.
- explore ways to develop thinking skills in visible and concrete ways for our students.
- present a variety of different fitness activities, games and ideas for their classrooms
- use brain-based activities
- prioritize what skills are needed to be successful
- have students THINK deeply about what they are doing
Kathy is in her second career after coaching collegiate softball for 30 years. She is pleased to be in her 4th year of presenting at the Summer Institute.
- visualize your successful retirement
- put together a plan to help you achieve your dreams
- use financial planning formulas and concepts in your classroom
Café Style PLC's
What People are Saying
"Scott Ricardo’s Summer Institutes, the perfect answer to re-energizing your teaching and turbo charge relationships with students and peers… it’s what SI does best and it’s true to their organization’s values. It’s just part of the SI DNA!
In my 25 years of evaluating SI conferences, nobody does it as well as Summer Institutes...quality content...meaningful content. It's what we as professionals crave!"
2014 National President AESA Superintendents/CEO's
Special FeaturesEverything you’ve grown to expect from SI and more!
- Relevant State Standards-Based Presentations
- Effective Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Interesting PLC Collaboration Component
- Field-based Learning Day Trips
- Important Wellness Activities
- Innovative Technology
Check with your school district and local union for salary advancement or professional growth contract agreement. These credits do not apply towards a graduate-level degree unless okayed by your Academic Advisor. They are continuing education credits and can be used for salary advancement. Some Universities like Michigan State University, University of Michigan, Olivet College and Portland State have accepted our course as a Masters degree elective. Be sure to consult your advisor ahead of time.
Subject Specific Breakout Sessions
Professional Learning Community
How often do you get to share and absorb successful teaching practices, in specific subjects, with your peers through Professional Learning Communities (PLC)?…Now you can! SI has facilitated popular PLC’s since 1987! PLC Peer group horizontal and vertical sessions will be included in the weekly schedule.
What to Bring
Casual attire, comfortable walking shoes AND a good attitude for learning, improving your wellness and building relationships! We’ll provide everything else!
Staff development funds may be used for these classes (check with your school district). Also, Treasury Regulation Schedule I-162 permits income tax deduction.
To order a transcript go to: http://www.pacific.edu/Academics/Professional-and-Continuing-Education/Registration/Request-a-transcript.html
Need your transcript right away?
Go to: http://web.pacific.edu/x7062.xml choose the National Student Clearinghouse option.
There will be a $100 non refundable deposit and no refunds after June 1.